Skip to main content

Boar Hairbrushes

Boar hairbrushes can be an extremely good option as a purchase to maintain the health of your hair. There are other types of brushes too that work as well as one made of boar bristles.

Back in the 1990s I bought a boar bristle hairbrush for about $25.00 CDN from the salon that I go to from time-to-time. I thought it was expensive then, however after keeping that brush for more than 10 years, I realized what a good investment it was.

Boar hairbrushes are a really good choice in hair care. Now what I have is a plastic bristle brush that I bought from Aveda with a wooden handle. This brush I have also found quite good because it is flat and really helps to control my thick hair when I use it.

The only reason why I decided to buy the plastic bristle brush is because the boar hairbrush does not last forever as my salon had told me when I originally bought it. It actually could have a life span for as many years as the dollar amount you have paid for it at the maximum. This is still a really good investment.

I have found the plastic hairbrush to be cleaner and a bit easier to use. I find it does not grip at hair the same way the boar hairbrush would and this I actually see as an advantage.

While we are on the topic of hairbrushes, always make sure that you do not brush your hair when it is wet. When your hair is wet you should use a comb. Although it may not give you that slick look with your hair that you may desire, this is much better for avoiding thinning hair and maintaining the health of your hair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zhara's Blog

Donna: What started your interest in hair? Zhara: I think for the majority of black women myself included, I've always been obssesed with a major interest in my hair! Lol. My hair has always been a forefront of never ending years of hair dilemmas and styles. Black hair is the most fragile and versatile texture in the world.This has made my hair journey an interesting one from being natural as a child to permed in my teen years with good and bad hair days that brought about emotions and experiences that lay down deep in the soul. A black woman can never escape her personal hair struggles unless she makes peace with it and works with her hair in tune with nature....thankfully going natural has definitley lead me to this path :) Donna: Tell me about your website? Zhara: It's actually more of a community of support and motivation more than a personal website per se. I joined a community online photo blog called fotki.com to document my personal hair journey among thousands of other

Dr Donna Math Allschool

Front Page Video