Skip to main content

How To Help Your Dog Prevent Hair Loss

Many dogs lose their hair on a regular basis. If you are dog owner, you may find the occasional clump of hair on the sofa or carpet. With double-coated breeds, this is especially true. Examples of breeds with a double-coat are German Shepherds, Collies, Husky and Welsh corgi.

Seasonal hair loss is known as “blowing coat” or “shedding.” Some dogs also lose a lot of hair when they are getting rid of their puppy hair and developing their adult fur.

Here are some tips to deal with your dog’s hair loss:

· Brush your dog daily
· Always brush your dog in the same direction the hair is growing
· Feed your dog the best dog food
· Do not feed your dog from the table
If a dog is going through excessive fur loss, there may be some underlying problems. Here are some possible causes of canine hair loss, and their symptoms:
· Your dog may have seasonal allergies
· Your dog may be allergic to his food
· Your dog may be allergic to household chemicals
· Your dog may be extra sensitive to flea or mosquito bites
· Hormonal diseases such as hypothyroidism or Cushing’s disease can cause your dog to lose hair in tufts
· Ringworm may be the cause, also known as sarcoptic mange
· Anesthesia or surgery can cause a sudden loss of hair in a dog

Keep in mind that canine hair loss is normal and just a part of owning a dog. If there seems to be an excessive problem, it would be wise to consult a veterinarian.

Comments

  1. I owned a German Shepherd and I notices yesterday that he has a hair loss, I got worried about this problem of my pet. I want to cure this immediately because my pet has a beautiful and glossy hair. At first, I think I need to buy a commercial anti-hair loss shampoo, but I'm wrong because it continues the hair loss of my dog. My sister shared your article to me because she told me that your blog has a simple but effective tips. See more about: Vets Somerset

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zhara's Blog

Donna: What started your interest in hair? Zhara: I think for the majority of black women myself included, I've always been obssesed with a major interest in my hair! Lol. My hair has always been a forefront of never ending years of hair dilemmas and styles. Black hair is the most fragile and versatile texture in the world.This has made my hair journey an interesting one from being natural as a child to permed in my teen years with good and bad hair days that brought about emotions and experiences that lay down deep in the soul. A black woman can never escape her personal hair struggles unless she makes peace with it and works with her hair in tune with nature....thankfully going natural has definitley lead me to this path :) Donna: Tell me about your website? Zhara: It's actually more of a community of support and motivation more than a personal website per se. I joined a community online photo blog called fotki.com to document my personal hair journey among thousands of other

Dr Donna Math Allschool

Front Page Video