Skip to main content

Buying Wigs

There was a time when I was far more foolish about money. I was on the streetcar with a good friend of mine and we decided to get off so I could look into a store on west Queen West in Toronto.

I got into the store and decided to buy a $200.00 CDN wig! The wig was long and black with bangs and I am not completely sure what possessed me to spend that much money on a wig that was synthetic hair.

Once my friend and I got back on the streetcar, he very smartly suggested to me that I had spent too much on the wig. He was even nice enough to call me out on buying the wig in the first place. Mind you - I did not have a lot of money coming in at the time.

I got angry and told him off and went to sit in another part of the streetcar. Before we reached our destination - I smartened up and realized that he was right and everything was as right as rain after that.

Keep in mind too - I do not have the wig anymore. That was like throwing $200.00 out the window.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zhara's Blog

Donna: What started your interest in hair? Zhara: I think for the majority of black women myself included, I've always been obssesed with a major interest in my hair! Lol. My hair has always been a forefront of never ending years of hair dilemmas and styles. Black hair is the most fragile and versatile texture in the world.This has made my hair journey an interesting one from being natural as a child to permed in my teen years with good and bad hair days that brought about emotions and experiences that lay down deep in the soul. A black woman can never escape her personal hair struggles unless she makes peace with it and works with her hair in tune with nature....thankfully going natural has definitley lead me to this path :) Donna: Tell me about your website? Zhara: It's actually more of a community of support and motivation more than a personal website per se. I joined a community online photo blog called fotki.com to document my personal hair journey among thousands of other

Dr Donna Math Allschool

Front Page Video